Free Opening Closets Mental Health Training
The FREE Opening Closets Mental Health Training aims to share information and develop skills for professionals working with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex (LGBTI) populations. The training will focus on raising awareness of the specific needs of LGBTI mental health consumers and aims to develop worker capacity to appropriately respond to clients while promoting inclusive practice.
OPENING CLOSETS MENTAL HEALTH TRAINING WILL:
- Increase awareness and knowledge of the unique needs of LGBTI people
- Explore the key concepts and models for understanding diverse sexualities, sex and gender
- Develop worker confidence and knowledge about diverse sex and gender, particularly transgender mental health.
- Improve understanding of the mental health impacts of homophobia and isolation for LGBTI people
- Provide frameworks for supporting an LGBTI person
- Outline ‘best practice’ standards for improving inclusive mental health service provision
- Provide valuable networking opportunities for sector workers and develop peer support resources
- Assist organisations and workers to promote their service as an LGBTI friendly environment for staff and clients
The Opening Closets Mental Health Training is offered for free to workers in both Government and community managed organisations and is aimed at health and community services workers with clients experiencing mental health issues.
For upcoming training dates and to book see below or go to http://www.eventzilla.net/user/livingproud
Living Proud also offers in house training, advanced training, resources, policy and consultancy services to support organisations to develop inclusive frameworks and best practices as a fee for service.
For more information on this or any other of our training and consultancy services please contact our training staff on on 08 9486 9855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org