International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia (IDAHoT) and LGBTIQ discrimination is about showing your support for ending discrimination against LGBTIQ people across the world. On May 17th 1990, the World Health Organisation removed homosexuality from the DSM where it was listed as a mental illness from the international classifications of diseases. We are now celebrating every IDAHoT day to campaign against LGBTIQ discrimination.
Living Proud, QLife and Freedom Centre would like to invite everyone to commit to challenging the discrimination that LGBTIQ people experience worldwide every day by taking part in an online event.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Print out the sign which can be downloaded from http://
www.livingproud.org.au/ wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ I-Commit1.pdf or make your own and fill out your commitment statement.
- Take a photo with your message.
- Hashtag: #idahot2015, #livingproud, #qlife, #freedomcentre #icommitonidaho2015 #endLGBTIQdiscrimination
- Share it on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/LivingProudWA or through our Instagram: LivingProudWA
- Invite your friends to take up the challenge. We want as many people as possible to send loving, caring and positive messages. Join the event and invite your friends at https://www.facebook.com/events/854684941245649/
- Change your profile picture to support IDAHoT which can be found at www.facebook.com/LivingProudWA or see image below.