Living Proud is a proud partner of QLife Australia’s first nationally-oriented counselling and referral service for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) people.
Free Call 1800 184 527- The QLife line operates daily from 3pm to 12am
For online chat and support go to www.qlife.org.au
What is QLife?
QLife provides a nation-wide, early intervention, peer supported telephone and web based services to diverse people of all ages experiencing poor mental health, psychological distress, social isolation, discrimination, experiences of being misgendered and/or other social determinants that impact on their health and wellbeing.We help callers with a range of issues relating to sexuality and gender, including coming out, as well as more general issues, such as relationship problems. This service is often the first point of contact for people who are coming out, but it is available to anyone, no matter how they identify. Our service is also increasingly being used by the friends and family of GLBTIQ people and mainstream service providers who are seeking accurate information and referral options for their relatives, friends or clients.
The service is confidential and staffed by trained peer volunteers.
Our phone counsellors can also:
- Refer you to a LGBTI-friendly doctor, lawyer, psychologist, counsellor or other services
- Tell you about the Perth/WA LGBTI community, including the “scene” (nightlife and clubbing) and “non-scene” alternatives to meet other LGBTI people, including Perth’s many social and sporting groups.
When do we operate?
QLife counselling services will be available 7 days a week, 365 days a year between the hours of 3pm – 12am Australia wide. Phone counselling and web chat services will be provided by volunteers engaged in their home-state centres, with national support provided by a team of paid staff members. Mental Health and Referral information will be available via the web 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Who are we?
The QLife family includes many hundreds of staff members and volunteers Australia-wide. We are comprised of
- Living Proud LGBTI Community Services of Western Australia (formerly GLCS);
- Gay and Lesbian Welfare Association Queensland;
- Switchboard (Victoria) Incorporated; and
- Twenty10, which incorporates GLCS NSW.
- National LGBTI Health Alliance.
For more information about QLife go to www.qlife.org.au